Days in the Life of This Girl

 
Wednesday, October 12, 2005
Ahhhh!!!! I'm a teacher!
Tonight I teach, for the first time in my life, something I've been doing for what seems like ever. Photography. It's something I love and do without thinking and having never formally been taught. It's not that I don't know it, it's that it took me weeks to put down on paper and prepare what I know how to do in a way that someone else might follow and do themselves. I'm quite nervous. And though it's community ed I am still feeling pressure to be a better teacher than I know how. Oh, why oh why did I say yes to this and make my stomach go to knots? It's cause I love photography and want others to love it as much. But I never was a good teacher. I never liked teaching. I always always got fed up when students didn't get it. That's why I didn't go into teaching as a career, not even private voice lessons. This must be God's way of making me develop that part of me and grow my patience. Now if only He would still the butterflies in my midsection.
posted by Jen @ 3:36 PM  
1 Comments:
  • At 4:06 PM, Blogger Kandi said…

    that's so cool! i'm sure you will be great.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Seeking to find beauty in the simple and joy in the everyday.
About Me

Name: Jen
Home: Minneapolis, Mn, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
Recent Posts
Archives
Blogroll
Some Stuff I Like
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER