Days in the Life of This Girl

 
Tuesday, October 11, 2005
Cute Crochet
I'm running out of titles for my blog entries. But I did want to post about my most recent crochet accomplishment. I've gotten into crochetting more now that the weather is turning colder and it gets dark earlier. I also have a cute little peanut to crochet for. While on the annual Porch retreat, I started my first crochet apparel. One baby sized cotton sweater. Being rather new to crochet, I found the instructions confusing at times, causing me to rip out rows and rows and start over. Once I had the two front pieces completed, most of the hard stuff was done and the pattern for the back was much less like Greek.
After a search for the perfect buttons, I had a completed project. I would say this likely took about 15 hours total. It's a bit big for her right now, but I'm excited she can wear it all winter long. It was so easy, I just might attempt to make them for sale this winter. I know that handmade baby clothes are pretty desirable these days. Next project, elfin baby hat. (oh yeah, and finish my afghan as soon as I can get ahold of that book with all the patterns for the squares in it from the library or if I get rich enough to buy it).
posted by Jen @ 12:24 AM  
2 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Seeking to find beauty in the simple and joy in the everyday.
About Me

Name: Jen
Home: Minneapolis, Mn, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
Recent Posts
Archives
Blogroll
Some Stuff I Like
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER