Days in the Life of This Girl

 
Tuesday, October 11, 2005
Beetloaf
Need a way to get your family to eat more veggies or just have a bunch of beets to be rid of? Well you're not stuck making borcht anymore. Tonight, I have invented the beetloaf. Having eaten the greens from my beets already, the beets were getting a little squishy and needed to be eaten. I didn't want to just eat beets. So, I got creative. You can make this the meat-eater's way or I assume you could substitute tofu or some sort of ground tofurky (anything you might normally make vegetarian loaf from). So, on to the recipie. Grate 2 medium sized beets, one potato, and combine with one pound of ground beef (or non-beef substitute). Stir in some onion, a pinch of seasoning salt, and two cloves of garlic (run through a garlic press). Form into a loaf. To make the sauce, combine mushroom gravy with sour cream. Pour sauce over loaf and bake covered for 2 hours at 350. Part of the way through, you may want to spoon sauce over loaf again.
posted by Jen @ 11:40 PM  
1 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Seeking to find beauty in the simple and joy in the everyday.
About Me

Name: Jen
Home: Minneapolis, Mn, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
Recent Posts
Archives
Blogroll
Some Stuff I Like
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER