Days in the Life of This Girl

 
Monday, August 27, 2007
On the 29th anniversary of my birth
Yesterday, for my birthday, Matt and I cashed in our certificates for a public sightseeing riverboat cruise which had been given to us by his mom some time ago. Departing from Harriet Island in St. Paul, the boat (or barge dressed up like a paddleboat as it was) headed up the river towards Fort Snelling. It was a beautiful day to be out in the fresh air and the sunshine and on the Muddy Mississippi.

For dinner, we dined on pizza at Green Mill in uptown (making good use of a buy one, get one free pizza coupon to ensure stuffed bellies and leftovers without breaking the bank). And to end the night, we made a quick dash to Caribou to cash in my free birthday drink and buy a second one with a $1 off coupon and a gift card Matt found in his car when he bought it. Talk about your thrifty birthday. One of the best ones yet.






Labels: ,

posted by Jen @ 8:40 AM  
1 Comments:
  • At 9:39 AM, Blogger Christy Merry said…

    I can't see the pics on this post, I'm not sure why not? but Happy 29th my friend! One step closer to the big 3-0 (which is much more fun than anyone thinks :) )

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Seeking to find beauty in the simple and joy in the everyday.
About Me

Name: Jen
Home: Minneapolis, Mn, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
Recent Posts
Archives
Blogroll
Some Stuff I Like
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER