Days in the Life of This Girl

 
Monday, January 01, 2007
Hopes and Dreams for 2007
Taking a page from Michelle's blog, I have decided to write down my so called New Year's Resolutions, but instead to call them my Hopes and Dreams for the New Year because I do not prefer the whole convention of making resolutions. It seems far too often we make them without intent to follow through or without real belief that these things can or will be completed. My list of Hopes and Dreams are things I have asprirations to pursue in the coming year.

1. take up belly dancing (and other various forms of Mideast dancing)
2. pare down my belongings to a set of things which are both useful and lovely
3. become a Minnesota "compacter"
4. take at least one road trip, preferably spontaneous with little direction and to locations yet unvisited by me
5. open a savings account and make regular deposits to it
6. dirty my mountain bike on the River Bottoms trails with Matt
7. try winter camping at least once and regular backpacking at least once more
8. learn to snowboard
9. ride my bike to work [weather-permitting]
10. create a list of long-term goals and dreams for myself (ie. 5-years, 10-years)
11. enter at least one art contest/show with new work

And that's what I've got for now. No doubt I'll find a way to add to this list before the year is well under way.

Labels: , ,

posted by Jen @ 12:00 PM  
1 Comments:
  • At 9:33 PM, Blogger Michelle said…

    keep me posted on the middle eastern dancing. i've been taking classes for the past year and am always looking for some dancing comrades to share the fun with. check out www.jawaahir.org if you haven't found a place yet.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Seeking to find beauty in the simple and joy in the everyday.
About Me

Name: Jen
Home: Minneapolis, Mn, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
Recent Posts
Archives
Blogroll
Some Stuff I Like
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER