Days in the Life of This Girl

 
Thursday, August 17, 2006
Soon to be underemployed
That's right, I'm in the midst of a pseudo layoff. It's something of a strategic move though. My store location is being moved and the staff is either being laid off or asked to find something else to do for a couple months. On top of that, I will be training for a different position when February rolls around, so I'm not really staying on as a salesperson. So, to save one of my coworkers from the chopping block (and earn myself a little 'return to work bonus') I will be taking a leave of abscence from the bike shop beginning sometime in Sept.

This is coupled (or tripled maybe) with my having already quit my part time teaching job (which I am very happy about) and finding out today that due to budget cuts, I have been laid off from the choir. So, I will be down to one very very very part time job unless I do something and soon.

I have already begun the search. Tonight, I plan on applying at Whole Foods and Galactic Pizza (both of which are currently hiring) and perhaps the Wedge (though I've applied there many times before and not ever been called for an interview - not once). I have a list of other jobs in my pocket, some of which will require a resume and a formal letter to be sent.

I'm not yet worried about money knowing I have a couple side jobs in Sept which could carry me through October with very little trouble, but I was planning on making that money my winter backup for when money inevitably gets tight. I would like to take a week or two and road trip, but that will all depend on if I find a job that starts right away or if I wait and find something that starts mid-Oct. God will lead me to something I know it, I just don't know what just yet. So I am in need of yet one more thing to be prayed for - work.
posted by Jen @ 7:09 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At 11:07 PM, Blogger kati said…

    Tryg's is hiring like crazy, yo. It could ba a 'meantime" job?

     
  • At 10:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    you probably need more than we can pay you, but we should discuss babysitting--of the regular gig, 10-15 hours a week variety. e me and we can talk it over.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Seeking to find beauty in the simple and joy in the everyday.
About Me

Name: Jen
Home: Minneapolis, Mn, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
Recent Posts
Archives
Blogroll
Some Stuff I Like
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER