Days in the Life of This Girl

 
Saturday, October 29, 2005
Night Biking
Spent last night doing one of the things I love the most, night-biking. Cruising the streets after most of the world has gone to sleep with the crisp autumn air dancing across my face. And sharing it with a friend who enjoys it equally as much. We also walked the railroad tracks a bit. That was great because there was a super slow moving train that we got right up next to it and could see how enormous the power of a train is first hand. I don't recommend children try this, but adults, you certainly should. And do it after dark too. The train just seems more ominous then.


I found this on the tracks. It's a wheel bolt off of a train!

And on to the dumpster diving. Yay! It was a night of watchful eyes though, so we kept our wits about us and felt out each situation as carefully as we could. No sense in getting in trouble with the law over some produce. And I was educated about some other really great sources for free food :)

5 hours of biking sure will give your legs a workout and mine are seemingly out of shape. Today I am feeling the after effects, but I'd do it all again in a heartbeat :)
posted by Jen @ 1:11 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Seeking to find beauty in the simple and joy in the everyday.
About Me

Name: Jen
Home: Minneapolis, Mn, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
Recent Posts
Archives
Blogroll
Some Stuff I Like
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER