Days in the Life of This Girl

 
Wednesday, October 26, 2005
It's a small world after all...
Ok, now that I've posted pictures from the weekend, I can go on with my weekly blogging.

Today started off just like any normal day. I overslept after hitting the alarm for the millionth time, but still got up in enough time to run two errands before work (other tasks would just have to wait). A usual slow day ahead at the shop for me. A truck to unload and put away. The usual customers blowing me off even when I follow all sales steps in an examplary manner. And suddenly everything turns around. I find out I've already been recommended to get a promotion at work (one I've been wanting for months, but resigned into thinking I'd have to wait for an opportunity in the spring) and it will likely take place before November is out. I get a couple seemingly effortless sales where I don't concentrate on sales steps (noticing later I didn't really use them in the intended manner). I get a phone message regarding my afformentioned mall rat job. And the leaver of the message is the manager of the kiosk, and also one of my best friends from college! She's super pumped to have reconnected and very hopeful I will work for her (which of course I plan to). There's only one happy thing left to happen: a friend who is visiting the Cities giving me a call to set up a time to hang out and enjoy the fall weather.

Nevermind all the money woes I've had. I am mostly done worrying about things I can't do a whole lot to change. (some may be thinking this is not the case), but I've done a lot of searching for odd jobs and such, and scrimped and pinched, and written out the numbers over and over and made myself sick over it. And well, I'm trying my hardest and if it comes down to the end of the month and I'm short, my next paycheck will be just before the deadline for getting evicted (and I did already warn the office that this month's rent may be late). So, I can eat the $10 charge and pay then. I'll still have a home (as much as I'm trying to move from here in the near future it would not be cool to get evicted). And I somehow have been able to eat without spending much at all in the past couple weeks. Not that I've given up looking for work, I'm just not going to stress out over it.

Not only that, it's been a good month since I cut out virtually all refined sugar. I haven't stuck too that completely, but in a large part. I'm not yet past craving it, but I just tell myself no and remind myself of how good my body has felt (symptom wise) and the increased energy level I have felt. There are other vices I'd like to limit in my diet in the future. At this point, I'm going to concentrate on conquering one at a time. So far, so good.
posted by Jen @ 12:18 AM  
3 Comments:
  • At 3:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    trying this out.. can i really leave a message.. i've never done it on a blog like this before.. but anyways, hey! how are you? enjoy the fall for me and say hi to luke! ciao bella!

     
  • At 3:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    THE PICTURES ARE SO BEAUTIFUL!!! i forgot to tell you that and i forgot to sign my name....pace,micaela

     
  • At 10:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm really glad to hear things are turning around! And your photos are all so beautiful! :)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Seeking to find beauty in the simple and joy in the everyday.
About Me

Name: Jen
Home: Minneapolis, Mn, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
Recent Posts
Archives
Blogroll
Some Stuff I Like
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER