Days in the Life of This Girl

 
Thursday, September 07, 2006
A Laborious Day
On Labor Day, I awoke to find my car had been broken into. All of my things were strewn about in the car. That being upsetting in itself, then I came to find out the ECU (computer which controls the car's electrical systems) had been stolen. Ugh. It appeared they had at least not had time to figure out how to remove my stereo from the dash. I thought for a while they had stolen my birthday present from Rachel (a lovely handmade necklace and two bracelets), but later found it under the drivers seat.

I made a call to report the break in and the stolen goods and waited for the police. Surprisingly, the Mpls PD wasn't busy on a Labor Day morning and repsonded quickly. While taking my info (including work contact info), the officer proceeded to ask me what a good bike for $500 would be. My car has been broken into, a vital piece stolen, I can't get to work, the replacement part is sure to be expensive, and you're asking me about a bike!???!??!!? Come on. The insurance company couldn't help me out much due to my deductable, but was really quick at responding (which pleased me, having recently switched).

The rest of the day quickly became lazy, spending the day meeting Matt's family and eating a delicious BBQ (since everything was closed and parts could not be purchased for the car). The next day, sweet Matt took the day off of work, was my chauffeur and spent hours finding the right part for my car at a local salvage yard. Then he even fixed the car, complete with carpet repair. It's not quite 100% just yet, but it will be. Acutally, it will be about 150% once we're all done with it.
posted by Jen @ 10:58 PM  
4 Comments:
  • At 7:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow. I'm sorry your car got broken into. But Matt!! What a wonderful human being : )

    That picture of the giraffe's eye is amazing! (I didn't realize they wore false eyelashes!)

    Colleen W.

     
  • At 3:11 PM, Blogger Brad said…

    "Grrr" at the icky breaker-inners. "Grrr," I say.

     
  • At 6:20 PM, Blogger ✙ patron saint of ulster ✙ said…

    i can't believe that shit! but that's really cool that you have a man who has that knowledge and skill! bet he saved you some money and overall anxiety. i woulda punched those suckers if they had taken your jewelry- although it would be kinda funny to see criminals walking around wearing them! ;) hope you're well.

     
  • At 1:26 AM, Blogger Empty Voice said…

    rrr!!

    let me at 'em!

    buggers!

    next I should write a song about car thieves and putting them in the slammer! ;o)

    glad to hear it went ok and no one was hurt. tahts ultimately the most improtant thing, and good on ya Matt for being a pal - bravo!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Seeking to find beauty in the simple and joy in the everyday.
About Me

Name: Jen
Home: Minneapolis, Mn, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
Recent Posts
Archives
Blogroll
Some Stuff I Like
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER